Feature proposal : media:// gnome url handler for requesting users to insert needed CD/DVD

ZC Miao hellwolf.misty at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 02:28:34 UTC 2007

Imagine user clicking menu =Applications->Add/Remove Software= and she
configured CD/DVD based yum repositories(is it possible currently?)
before. Would pirut request her to insert the needed CD/DVD?

I think if we use a media://cdlable/path/ url for the CD/DVD repos, and
implements a gnome url handler for media://, the problem could be
resolved. The other problems are :
1. Can pirut resolve media:// url by itself instead of by yum, since yum
may not depend on the gnome vfs layer.
2. How to handle the situations that some user has no CD/DVD box or more
than one.

Any ideas?

--
http://hellwolf.cublog.cn
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key 0x6B174C6F

You'd best be snoozin', 'cause you don't be gettin' no work done at 5 a.m.
anyway.
		-- From the wall of the Wurster Hall stairwell