First Fedora7 problem : KDE + Xorg + Fonts

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 5 22:18:43 UTC 2007

Kelly wrote:
> On Sunday, August 05, 2007 6:07 pm Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Can you be more specific about those crashes you mention? Got bug reports?
>>
>> Rahul
>
> Sorry, that was over 2 years ago.  I haven't had a problem with system fonts
> since I started using Fedora.

You seem to be worrying about a really old problem in a different
distribution and saying that the current plan in Fedora sucks because of
that. Doesn't seem to be very logical to me.

> BTW, if Xorg doesn't need xfs, why is it that Xorg will crash if xfs isn't
> running?

Are you using Fedora 7? I have turned off XFS while back. Xorg starts
just fine. Previous version did have a startup check to see if the core
fonts exists and fail otherwise because some legacy apps (as in ancient
and crufty) still need them but we don't have that check anymore.

Rahul