RPM roadmapping

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Sun Aug 5 23:33:23 UTC 2007

One more thing that would be nice to take into consideration for rpm is
support for language packs or some way to install a limited set of
locales. We have traditionally kept our head in the sand, and said
rpm does not support this, disks are getting bigger anyway. But for
making useful live cds, something like this is pretty much indispensable
(considering that OOo with all locales is already bigger than one cd).

The existing %lang tag support might be almost good enough.