Changes to cvsadmin requests and acls

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 22:28:11 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 10:28 -0700, Chris Weyl wrote:
> On 8/8/07, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Packagers,
> >
> > Over the next several weeks we're going to be transitioning away from
> > the owner.list and pkg.acl files to the long awaited Package Database.
> > As a transitional step we're going to continue to have our cvsadmins
> > handling the changes to owners.list but the changes will go to the
> > Database instead of to the owners.list file.  There are two changes to
> > your immediate workflow that you should be aware of:
>
> So, as a matter of looking up packages (in an easily scripted,
> automated fashion), with the Package DB be updating owners.list, or
> will the data be exported in some other reasonable (& preferably
> unauthenticated, as it is now) fashion?

owners.list is dead.  You can currently get several versions of the data
in JSON format.

Several people have expressed a passing interest in having an easily
greppable list.  That should be pretty easy to enable by creating a
plain text template for the data.  However, someone needs to take the
time to write the template.

If someone wants to do this, here's the ticket with some information to
get you started::

https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/packagedb/ticket/29

-Toshio