Enabling Compiz by default?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Aug 10 11:56:29 UTC 2007

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 06:48:01 -0500
Josh Boyer <jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org> wrote:

> Nah.  I don't want glitz.  So I'll just disable it if it gets enabled.
> The wobbly windows were cool for about 30 seconds.
>
> > This is rawhide. We can do this.
>
> Of course.  We can do anything.  The more important question is should
> we.  I think no, but I don't really care that much either.

If we do enable it, it'd have to be very very subtle like on OSX or
some such.  Just dropshading, and maybe fading menus, but not much
else.  We want it to have a hint of looking nice, obvious that there is
a compositor there, but not with a bunch of junk that will be turned
off in the first few minutes (spinning cube, wobbly windows, etc...).
Basically I really want to get metacity with drop shading and fading
windows, without compromising all the usefulness that metacity has.
Less is more here.

--
Jesse Keating