Enabling Compiz by default?

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 21:57:48 UTC 2007

On 8/10/07, Joachim Frieben <jfrieben at gmx.de> wrote:

> > > Why not look at a default compositor/window manager that allows basic
> > > compositing features without the need for a OpenGL accelerated
> > > graphics
> > > engine?
> >

> > Do you have one to offer ?
>
> What about 'yum install xcompmgr'?
> --
> Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger gehört?
> Der kanns mit allen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger
>
> --

I ran xcompmgr for quite a while.  The biggest problem is it doesn't
integrate well with anything.  It is also more of a proof of concept than
a fully baked solution.   Metacity's original compositing was based
off of the xcompmgr code.  The current xfwm4 compositing code is
based off the original xcompmgr and metacity code also.  I have been
suggesting that as the better 2d compositing solution.

I will shut up about it now.

Jon