Changes to cvsadmin requests and acls

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 01:41:15 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 18:21 -0700, Chris Weyl wrote:
> On 8/10/07, Ian Burrell <ianburrell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > One thing that would make sense is to have a location in pkgdb that
> > returns the owners.list file synthesized from the database.  Something
> > like http://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/ownerslist.  Then, the tools
> > that still need a current copy can do "wget" instead of "cvs update".
> > Or, somebody can regularly fetch the current one and check it in.
>
> +1 to a wget'able list that matches the current owners.list format.
> (It may not be the best format in the world, but heck, everything
> already knows how to read it.)
>
> If I can find some time (sigh...) I'll take a stab at it.

Thanks Chris,  If you get part way through this and want to give others
a chance to look over what you've done, feel free to open a bug[1]_ and
attach whatever work-in-progress patches you have.

I think the acls.py file[2]_ is the proper place for the controller code
to live.  And using genshi[3]_ (packaged for fedora as python-genshi) as
the engine for creating a plain text template is what you'll want to do.

.. _[1] https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/packagedb/newticket
.. _[2]
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/packagedb/browser/fedora-packagedb-devel/pkgdb/pkgdb/acls.py
.. _[3]  http://genshi.edgewall.org/