Kernel panicking at Ndiswrapper?

Christopher Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 19:15:43 UTC 2007

On 12/08/07, Kelly <lightsolphoenix at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, August 11, 2007 10:37:14 pm Josh Boyer wrote:
> > 1) You didn't say which kernel version
>
> All of them.  So far, the default F7 kernel 2.6.21, the update 2.6.22, and
> PlanetCCRMA's kernels (2.6.22 as well).
>
> > 2) Have you looked at config file differences between the kernels in
> > question? (Fedora uses 4K stacks, I dunno what others do).
>
> No I didn't.  However, I've noticed that searching for the error only brings
> up Fedora-based distro questions, so I'm assuming it's something in the
> Fedora kernel.
>
> > 3) Please don't ask on this list about something that is not supported
> > by the Fedora kernel at all.  You might have better luck on the Fedora
> > forums.
>
> Ndiswrapper is not the problem here.  The problem is clearly coming from the
> Linux kernel itself; messages shows repeated errors being spit out by the
> kernel.  The regular Fedora kernels just freeze.

I use the atrpms.net third party repository for this hardware and have
never experienced lock-ups, quite the reverse actually. I would also
recommend using the yum-kmdl plugin to get the kmdl each time the
fedora kernel is updated. Please do not assume the problem is with the
Fedora kernel - additional information is always helpful and yes, I
would suggest taking this to fedoraforums.org rather than this devel
list.

Regards
Chris

--