Notice: Fedora 8 Feature Freeze - 2 WEEKS LEFT

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 17:45:02 UTC 2007

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/Schedule
Feature Freeze for Fedora 8 is coming soon on August 28th.  The goal of
the feature freeze is to be sure that the components are in a known and
tested state before the release of Fedora 8.

Notes
=====
1) Top Priority for the freeze are components within the default
installations.
2) Secondary in freeze importance are packages within the entire Fedora
Collection.  Major changes after the Feature Freeze date are highly
discouraged.
3) New packages may continue to be added to the devel branch during this
period, as long as they do not require major changes of existing packages.
4) Contact FESCo if you need clarification or permission for an
exception to the Feature Freeze.
5) If your feature misses the deadline, don't feel too disheartened.
The F9 feature freeze is coming ~6 months later.
6) At some (yet to be determined) point we have to stop additions of new
packages to F8 when we reach the DEEP FREEZE.  This is when we stop the
churn of new and updated packages in order to check consistency of the
repository prior to the final release.  By the calendar, F8 Final devel
freeze is currently scheduled for October 23rd.

If you have any questions about the Feature Freeze, please ask on
fedora-devel-list.

Thanks,
Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com