TeXLive status

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Aug 15 14:55:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 01:25:35PM +0200, Jindrich Novy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The new packages contain updated xpdf-3.02 from upstream to fix CVE-2007-3387,

Seems to me that it would be better to keep xpdf separate for texlive.

> The new texmf packages contain packaging fixes, it obsoletes tetex-eurofont and
> tetex-tex4ht as it's now part of TeXLive. We can add tetex-eurofont and tetex-tex4ht
> maintainers to comaintainer list so that they can maintain it in TeXLive if they

I am the tetex-tex4ht maintainer, and as it is updated regularly I am
not sure that it is a good idea to have it in texlive. Moreover it is
already a complicated package by itself, especially if you want to be
able to build from the literate sources. I am not definitively against
maintaining it within texlive, but it isn't obvious to me that it is the
best way. I haven't have a look at texlive already, though.

--
Pat