Meet the desktop team

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 17:39:07 UTC 2007

Christopher Aillon wrote:
> Matej Cepl wrote:
>> On 2007-08-15, 01:23 GMT, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>>> The first meeting is going to take place in the #fedora-meeting
>>> irc channel on Freenode, Wednesday, 18:00-19:00 UTC (2pm-3pm EDT)
>>> (see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate#IRC)
>>
>> Do you have to? It's 20:00-21:00 CEST -- do you want to eliminate
>> Europeans from participation?
>
> Sigh.  We don't do this and people complain.  We do this, and people
> complain still.
>
> It's the only time some of us are free.  If you actually want us to show
> up to our own talk, then this is the time.

This sounded harsher than I really meant.  We can discuss other times
for future showings during the meeting, but it is hard to make meetings
work for all time zones in general.  This isn't the only Fedora meeting
that is this late and there were other #fedora-meeting ones already
scheduled before this one which prevented us from doing it earlier as
well.  Let's see what we can do to improve this during the meet, perhaps.