no restriction license?

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 13:54:05 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 15:08 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the following licenses in lesstif. What is the associated short
> license name:
>
>  * Copyright 1994 Robert Nation. No restrictions are placed on this
>  * code,
>  * as long as the copyright notice is preserved. No guarantees or
>  * warrantees of any sort whatsoever are given or implied or anything.
>

>  * Copyright 1993, Robert Nation
>  *     You may use this code for any purpose, as long as the original
>  *     copyright remains in the source code and all documentation

Is that the only license for Lesstif?

Strictly speaking, this isn't a license. This is copyright assignment
with no restrictions.

I haven't added it to the table yet, because so far, nothing has been
wholly under this "license". It's not worth listing until we hit a case
where this is the only "license" for a package.

~spot