rawhide report: 20070816 changes

Zoltan Boszormenyi zboszor at freemail.hu
Thu Aug 16 17:49:16 UTC 2007

Build System írta:
> mesa-7.0.1-3.fc8
> ----------------
> * Wed Aug 15 2007 Dave Airlie <airlied at redhat.com> - 7.0.1-3
> - mesa-7.0.1-stable-branch.patch - Add patches from stable branch
>   includes support for some Intel chipsets
> - mesa-7.0-use_master-r300.patch - Add r300 driver from master
>
> * Tue Aug 14 2007 Dave Airlie <airlied at redhat.com> - 7.0.1-2
> - missing build requires for Xfixes-devel and Xdamage-devel
>
> * Mon Aug 13 2007 Dave Airlie <airlied at redhat.com> - 7.0.1-1
> - Rebase to upstream 7.0.1 release
> - ajax provided patches: for updated selinux awareness, build config
> - gl visibility and picify were fixed upstream
> - OS mesa library version are 6.5.3 not 7.0.1 - spec fix
> xorg-x11-server-1.3.0.0-20.fc8
> ------------------------------
> * Wed Aug 15 2007 Dave Airlie <airlied at redhat.com> 1.3.0.0-20
> - xserver-1.3.0-newglx-offscreen-pixmaps.patch: fix zero-copy TFP again

Ohboyohboyohboy! :-) These packages combined with xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.6.193-2
on Fedora 7 finally I got functional 3D on my notebook with Xpress 200M.
Thanks a lot! Do you consider backporting these to F7 officially?
The only other thing I needed from rawhide was xorg-x11-proto-devel-7.2-12.
However, I occasionally see incorrectly set videomode, something like
bad frequency. I experienced the same sometimes with the old ati drv 6.6.0.
I saw an article on www.phoronix.com about "vbespy" - does it help if I send
videomodes/register dumps from my notebook?

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi