ufsparse -> suitesparse

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Fri Aug 17 00:58:29 UTC 2007

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

>>> Does the soname change? Does the new package provide ufsparse(-devel)?
>>>

>> Not sure about the soname - but I don't think it does.  suitespare
>> provides and obsoletes ufsparse.  I noticed it because ufsparse gets
>> installed on new installs, but is then replaced with suitesparse on first
>> yum update.
>>

> So starting with devel/f8 I should use BuildRequires: suiteparse-devel,
> right? Or will there be an update for f7 as well?

Yes, that's right. I assumed that octave was the only thing depending on
suitesparse (sorry, I should have checked), so I never said anything.
There is a soname change. I had thought about updating f7, but I have
other priorities (drastic changes to octave-forge to work out), so I
probably won't.

Quentin