PulseAudio is now enabled by default on new Fedora installs

Kelly lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 01:13:23 UTC 2007

Er, http://pulseaudio.revolutionlinux.com/

> 4. What about KDE?
>
>   Yes, what about it? TBH I don't know. All I know is that KDE still
>   ships aRts, but I have no idea what steps would be necessary to get
>   properly supported in KDE. If you're into KDE and interested to get
>   PA working properly with KDE, ping me!

aRts has an ESD mode, which works 100% with Pulseaudio.  Speaking of that,
note that xine works better through ESD mode than through Pulseaudio mode as
well.

I have Pulseaudio completely set up to use everything, so I know what has to
be done to get it working (especially on KDE).  Just ask.

Oh, BTW, I'd suggest sticking SDL_AUDIODRIVER="esd" in /etc/profile as well ;)