why i cannt only update pidgin through yum

Ken YANG spng.yang at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 02:29:10 UTC 2007

seth vidal wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 10:16 +0800, Ken YANG wrote:
>> i found i can not update pidgin to 2.1 through yum,
>> but there are not "pidgin exclude" in my yum conf file:
>>
>> exclude=kernel* python-virtinst* xen* xorg-x11-drv-nv
>> xorg-x11-drv-nouveau libraw1394
>>
>> my current pidgin is:
>>
>> pidgin-2.0.0-0.34.beta7devel.fc7.i386
>>

>> i'm in f8 rawhide, and my laptop is in same condition,
>> but that pidgin had updated to 2.1.
>>
>> can anyone give me some hints?
>
> is there a specific error you're receiving?

no error, i can update other things smoothly, e.g.
i just update today rawhide, including:

glibc-2.6.90-10.i686
hardinfo-0.4.2.2-17.fc8.i386
rpm-4.4.2.1-8.fc8.i386

but in the update list, there are not pidgin, and i
update only pidgin:

yum update pidgin

this still doesnt work, which told me "Could not find update match for
pidgin"