why i cannt only update pidgin through yum

Ken YANG spng.yang at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 02:46:38 UTC 2007

seth vidal wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 10:29 +0800, Ken YANG wrote:
>> seth vidal wrote:

>>> is there a specific error you're receiving?
>> no error, i can update other things smoothly, e.g.
>> i just update today rawhide, including:
>>
>> glibc-2.6.90-10.i686
>> hardinfo-0.4.2.2-17.fc8.i386
>> rpm-4.4.2.1-8.fc8.i386
>>

>> but in the update list, there are not pidgin, and i
>> update only pidgin:
>>
>> yum update pidgin
>>
>> this still doesnt work, which told me "Could not find update match for
>> pidgin"
>>

> that means there is no update for pidgin available in the repositories
> or mirrors you are using.
>
> try this: yum list updates pidgin

thanks for your guide, vidal

the output of "yum list updates pidgin":

-(:10:43:$)-> sudo yum list updates pidgin
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished

i think there are update of pidgin, i found the version of
pidgin in koji had been 2.1, and my laptop was also in F8
rawhide, whose pidgin had been 2.1