Fedora KDE Question

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 20:27:37 UTC 2007

On 8/17/07, Adam Jackson <ajackson at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 10:38 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > I am a bit confused about the division of labour in Fedora in
> > reference to KDE :
> >
> > the fedora-desktop list seems to be unconcerned with things KDE, yet
> > the scope of the discussions, and possible decisions seem to go beyond
> > Gnome; to system wide changes. If decisions aren't limited to Gnome,
> > shouldn't discussions include KDE?
>
> Speaking merely for the Red Hat desktop people, or maybe just for
> myself:
>
> We're not talking about KDE because solving these problems twice is
> deeply uninteresting.  We're not planning to do anything that makes
> KDE's life difficult, but we're not aware of all the issues and we don't
> have the resources (or interest really) to discover them for ourselves.
> We're happy to take input from KDE people, but so far we haven't
> received much; perhaps none has been needed.

Well it seems that I was just misunderstanding the issue : i was of
the understanding that the fedora-desktop list was closely tied to the
fedora-desktop spin, which I thought was Gnome only only - and hence
the list was for gnome only issues.

But seems that doesn't seem to be the case, I will not hesitate to
post on the list, i've been subscribed to it for some time now.

> Did you have a specific problem in mind?

I do not; I was just following the "low hanging" thread on the desktop
list and the topics being discussed went well beyond the desktop
environment, but with no mention of KDE.

( www.pembo13.com )