kde4 status?

Michel Salim michel.sylvan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 18:23:25 UTC 2007

On 18/08/07, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
> Michel Salim wrote:
> > On 18/08/07, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Today I've started working on packaging a kde game, ksirk. Upstream has a beta
> >> version available which uses kde4, I thought that would be a good place to
> >> start. However much to my suprise, I couldn't find any kde4 packages in rawhide.
> >>
> >> So whats the statud on this, eta? Anything I can do to help? Any place where I
> >> can download test packages (even if those are to rough for rawhide)?
> >>
> > I'm not sure KDE4 is slated for inclusion for F8; their release
> > schedule is too closed to that of F8 to accomodate any slippage.
> >
> > I believe there are some KDE4 packages being worked on, that can be
> > parallel-installable, but I don't think KDE4-based packages can be
> > accepted into the distribution unless KDE4 itself is.
> >

> Grumbel, now that was a very usefull answer (NOT) can people please refrain
> from answering questions about things which they have no clue about, and
> instead go RTFM? (kde4 is planned for F-8 inclusion), see:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/FeatureList
> and notice how KDE4 is on the approved features list, and:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureKDE4

I'm referring to late-July discussions (especially this message, but
see the entire thread for yourself:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-July/msg01711.html)

Note that I did not say KDE 4 won't be included, I'm saying I'm not sure.

On the bright side, Rex Dieter is on the record saying the KDE4
libraries will at least be available (if I'm reading this correctly)
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-July/msg01733.html

I apologise for my bad phrasing, though.

--
Michel