rawhide report: 20070818 changes

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 21:28:07 UTC 2007

> > > Don't think that would do what you want it to do,
> >
> > It _should_ unless I've gone completely batty today (note: entirely
> > possible ;-)
>
> Erm, lets walk through this because maybe /I/ have gone batty.
>
> compiz-gnome obsoletes compiz that you have installed, but doesn't
> Provide it.  compiz itself provides compiz.  How does that get
> compiz-gnome installed?  And if it did, wouldn't you want to do the
> same thing for compiz-kde for the KDE users?

The key part is the obsoletes compiz < %{oldversionthatwasn'tsplit}.  So
compiz-gnome gets pulled in to replace the old compiz.  It then requires
new compiz, and things are happy.

And there wasn't previously the compiz-kde bits based on a quick look at
what I currently have installed (haven't updated yet today)

Jeremy