String Freeze Policy effective from today

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Aug 20 21:27:52 UTC 2007

Hey all.

A quick announcement that from today we have a String Freeze Policy active:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/StringFreezePolicy

Maintainers of packages that get translated by the Localization Project would
want to take a look at the policy, as it describes what to do if you really need
to break the freeze date.

Reminding that the string freeze for Fedora 8 is the 28th of August, as noted on
the Release Schedule. For more information on String Freezes, jump to:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Freezes#string

On this page there is also a section for Translation Freezes (#translation),
which basically is a date where we guarantee translators that all contributions
done up to that point will be included in the final Release.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/