Rebuilds needed for Fedora 8

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Aug 21 17:00:05 UTC 2007

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:44:17 +0200
Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar at redhat.com> wrote:

> We are bumping releases only in devel, so this situation shouldn't
> happen.
>
> I have a feeling that this was already discussed last massive rebuild,
> maybe a year ago. What am I missing? :)

What's in devel/ today will be on a release branch tomorrow (or
eventually but you get the picture).

Adding .1 after %{?dist} is the way to go, allows dist to be the
decider from previous releases, and future releases.  The .1 can easily
be dropped as soon as another version or release change is made, that
sweeps across all the branches.  If we do any automation on these
rebuilds, that's likely what we'll do, if there is a dist, just tack .1
on the end of it.

--
Jesse Keating