awk missing from buildroot?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Aug 22 15:39:54 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 22 August 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:

> Doesn't look like gawk is pulled in via deps from the Exception list
> anymore.

Looks like there may be some randomness here.  I rebuilt 6 vdr-* plugin
packages recently, every single one of them has a similar Makefile that will
require awk to function correctly.

Three of six failed to build, the other three succeeded.  The "Completed" time
of the successful ones is several minutes *later* than the ones that failed,
and these packages are small and should build very quickly after the build
root has been set up (should certainly be quicker than "several minutes").

This seems counterintuitive to me - if the series of builds hits a window
where awk gets removed from the base set in the middle of it, I would expect
the earlier builds to have succeeded, later failed.  But it's the other way
around.

I've resubmitted the failed ones as is just to see how it goes on a retry.

Failure:
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=114592
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=114597
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=114604