util-linux missing from build root

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 12:22:21 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:59:40 +0200
> Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> absence of util-linux causes /bin/kill is unavailable as well:
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=134499&name=build.log
>

> Why does your build need /kill/ ?
>
> util-linux is 'until-linux-ng' now if you need to BuildRequire it.

I've had this problem too (all the OCaml packages use a script which
needs getopt(1)).  I've worked around it by BR-ing util-linux-ng in the
one package which I had to rebuild, so that I can avoid having to
rebuild the base ocaml which would need the dozen or so other packages
to be done too.  Since util-linux was in the default buildroot before,
why not util-linux-ng now?

Rich.