status of initscript conversions to lsb standard

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Wed Aug 29 14:36:35 UTC 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Bill Nottingham wrote :
>> Matthias Saou said:
>>> - "Default-Start:" and "Default-Stop: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6"?
>>
>> I'd do this.
>
> I don't really care about what syntax we decide to use (as long as it's
> doing what's expected, which is here to have the service disabled by
> default), but we should decide on one single syntax and document it in
> the guidelines for the sake of consistency, especially since we're
> going to be going through all the distro's init scripts... I'd
> personally appreciate having to do that only once :-)

  I concur.  I hope no one was expecting this to happen for F8; that seems
pretty unlikely due to the sudden nature of it, the absence of
implementation details, and general lack of follow-up.  Seems like it
could fairly easily make F9, though (assuming all the information gets
hammered out soon).

      Jima