util-linux missing from build root

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Wed Aug 29 15:54:39 UTC 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:22:04 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:

> > It sounds really bad that the old plans of a minimal build environment
> > find such an unfortunate end here.
>
> Not sure what you mean.

What I mean is that suddenly it seems we're back to BuildRequiring
lots of hardcoded package names or file paths for low-level tools that
should _just be there_ in a core environment without the need to BR
them.

Seeing the suggestion that packagers should BR util-linux-ng triggered
my reaction. I feel that if more BR like that are needed "now", we
will see more path-based BR, too, and BR for fundamental tools like cpp,
gcc, gcc-c++, rpm-build, /bin/sh, ...