util-linux missing from build root

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Aug 30 07:44:21 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote:
> AFAIK this hasn't changed at all:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Exceptions
>
> I'm sorry that what you assumed would be there isn't, but what we say
> will be there (as listed in the Packaging Guidelines) is as it always
> was.  The implicit list has been removed but the explicit list hasn't
> changed and without FESCo approval, won't.

Blah blah.

I have packages broken because basic programs like 'awk' and 'getopt'
are missing.  All my Fedora contributions need to be rebuilt which is
going to take hours.

The aim of Fedora's team should be to encourage outside developers to
contribute, because **if outside developers are pissed like this and
leave for other friendlier distributions** then Fedora itself will be
destroyed.

So pointing to nebulous package guidelines as above is not just
unhelpful, but rude and will damage Fedora.  Instead, you should be
working hard to help contributors and not changing everything underneath
them on whim.

Rich.