util-linux missing from build root

Stepan Kasal skasal at redhat.com
Thu Aug 30 14:50:30 UTC 2007

Hi Ralf,

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 03:52:30PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Instead of trying to cater each and everybody's demand I'd simply start
> with standards, such as FHS/LSB and POSIX.

I did not mention POSIX, as I supposed that would imply too huge
buildroot.  But your suggestion has made to look at this alternative
more closely, and it actually looks very sane.

We have to remove the crazy things from POSIX, like sccs, and a few
more (like "lp" which would bring cups, or "talk"), and that might
work.  We would have to add a few small utilities which, though not
standardized by POSIX, are widely supposed (fgrep, egrep, tar, cpio).
Then a few bigger utils (e.g., perl) and here we go.

Thanks,
	Stepan