kde 4.0 delayed

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Aug 31 19:26:34 UTC 2007

Neal Becker <ndbecker2 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjAyMA

Sigh... Not that we didn't see it coming. :-(

But anyway, as Rahul and Rex already confirmed, this is just the last nail in
the coffin for the original FeatureKDE4 plan for F8. (We had trouble on our
side as well.) I guess we can try again for F9. For F8, we will have to
concentrate our efforts on keeping KDE 3 working well and on offering the KDE 4
beta libraries as a development platform (and possibly a platform to run some
apps on), not as a default desktop.

        Kevin Kofler