Python 3.0

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazqueznet at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 19:51:04 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 14:35 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:02:37 -0400
> Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone working on a package for this yet?
> >
> > http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.0/
>
> You really want to have a parallel installable alpha package of
> python?  I think that would be a no-no.  If we allowed that, the we
> should allow a parallel installable compat-python package.

No, I want a parallel-installable package of Python 3000. Eventually it
will go from alpha to beta, then on to stable, and the plan is to do so
in about a year or so. The difference between Python 3000 and Python 2.5
is almost as large as the difference between Python 2.2 and 1.5. Let's
be ready, shall we?