firefox vs epiphany

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 00:51:14 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 19:13 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > > No.
> > > There is enough documentation available.
> >
> > That strikes me as rude, and inappropriate. It's also not the way to win
> > a discussion point.
>
> It is also not the reason for firefox being the default.

I will try to add something constructive here.  I think the main point
of contention people have with epiphany is that, a) it lacks the brand
recognition of firefox and b) it doesn't easily support firefox
plugins/extensions.

I switched to epiphany for F7 and personally I have no interest in going
back.  Everything that it lacks is trumped by the integration with the
gnome desktop.  I will say that my acceptance and enlightenment was only
achieved through patience.

I think using epiphany as a default for the desktop spin should be
re-evaluated once it can be backended by either xulrunner or webkit.
Really I think that decisions like this will be won by the community
providing re-spins that offer alternatives.

Jon