Sun releases APOC

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Tue Dec 4 05:14:44 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 02:24 +0200, Razvan Corneliu C.R. VILT wrote:
> I am rather curious on what you guys think.
>
> P.S.: Before you ask, YES it's GPL 2.0 (dual-licensed with CDDL) and
> it's hosted at freedesktop.org ( http://apoc.freedesktop.org/wiki/ to be
> more exact)

Personally, I'm interested in it. Thanks for pointing it out. It seems
to have a similar bent to part of the Gnome Online Desktop venture. I
heard that the Mugshot project could also host Desktop configuration,
but I could just be pulling that out of thin air. Personally, I like
this approach since LDAP is a great technology that needs a lot more
exposure and adoption. The Fedora DS project seems to be doing well in
that regard, and APOC could be a great complement. It seems to be the
next step in the evolution process (first directory services, then
authorization, and then finally down to the configuration).

They already have GConf adapters, too. I'll play around with it and see
about making a package.
--

Richi Plana