KDE-SIG weekly report (50/2007)

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Wed Dec 12 10:25:38 UTC 2007

Am Di 11.Dezember 2007 schrieb Sebastian Vahl:
> - if more than one app is in an extragear module it should be named like
> the module (e.g. extragear-multimedia)

After thinking a bit about that I disagree now. Eg. extragear-multimedia
contains also amarok, k3b and kplayer which are packaged as single
applications a long time (and IMHO supposed to be single apps):
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/multimedia/

And also they are released as single tarballs (at least for 3.97.0):
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/3.97/src/extragear

I think we should take the advantage here to package them as single
applications. That's also one of the most wanted features from users. And the
modules itself could differ in their release cycle.

Sebastian