Hal issue with kde 4 ?

Lex Hider floss at lex.hider.name
Wed Dec 12 23:40:05 UTC 2007

Hi,
There is an issue with mounting removable media in kde4's file manager
dolphin.

According to the kde guys, this is a fedora problem and not a kde one.

I'm running latest kde4 compiled from hand, with F8.

Note that the error message below now comes up as:
"An error occurred while accessing 'name_of_media', the system said:
org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.PermissionDeniedByPolicy:
org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable no <--(action,result)

Lex.