RFC for Smolt features

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Dec 16 09:28:09 UTC 2007

Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
> Hey List,
>
> After thinking it over, I've decided that having a Privacy Policy for
> Smolt would be a great experiment as a community process.  The rules
> are pretty simple.  Mike McGrath is a BDFL (That is not a Braised Duck
> avec Foie gras sous Liqueur', as tasty as it might sound.)  Decisions
> tend to get made by the people coding, but we are looking for input to
> see what people want out of Smolt.  This way, we know what kind of
> information gathering is desired, and which kinds are considered too
> invasive.
>
> So I present two RFCs to you guys.

This RFE is already filed but I would like to see the ability to
optionally report installed package lists to Smolt similar to what
popcon does in Debian.

Smolt already collects the kernel version so this is just a extension of
that. It has not been done before because Mugshot was doing something
similar but I don't see Mugshot have a overlapping feature as a problem
in this instance since better stats would allow us to integrate nice
features into the package management system showing which packages are
popular among other things.

Rahul