Opinions welcome: Restructuring the system menus

Alexander Boström abo at kth.se
Sun Dec 16 21:21:46 UTC 2007

sön 2007-12-16 klockan 14:50 -0500 skrev Stewart Adam:

> As well, I've got 29 applications listed under 'System Tools'. I
> understand that not everyone does because it obviously depends on which
> packages you have installed, but many entries do similar tasks
> (Terminal, Konsole, Konsole Super User Mode). A lot of space could be
> saved by putting them into a submenu.

In some environments (multi-user machines, many machines the with same
configuration) it's today very tempting to install lots of packages
which only few people will use. This makes the menus extremely cluttered
though. In those cases it really would help if some apps were given
preference by pushing the other apps to sub-sub-menus.

The fact that some apps have launchers in the default panel helps a bit,
though.

/abo