Wiki Migration

Stelian Iancu si at siancu.net
Mon Dec 17 22:47:26 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>>> IIRC, that was for the planned Fedora News site.
>>
>> Would it be possible to combine the fedora development specific wiki
>> into some kind of framework that encompasses all of the available
>> documentation for the included packages and perhaps links to the spec
>> files used in packaging?  That way you'd have one place to go to find
>> information about any particular program and whatever distro-specific
>> changes might have been applied.  Links to bugzilla searches for
>> outstanding bugs in each package and a place for running user
>> commentary would be a plus.
>
> It would be possible. Are you willing to help in any way? Refer
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MyFedora
>
> Rahul

Looking at the URL above, that resembles a lot with a portal. Which
reminds me, has anybody thought about something Java based on the
backend? Something like JBoss and JBoss Portal. Given the fact that
RedHat owns now JBoss, I am sure that Fedora can find some expertise and
support "in-house".

Regards,
Stelian Iancu