how is pulseaudio supposed to work?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 21:03:19 UTC 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 11:57 AM, Lennart Poettering <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:
> I explained that already twice: with the help of HAL/CK we are
> notified whenever the active session changes and thus can give up
> access to the audio hw and open it again when needed. That works fine,
> and is part of F8.

I think one of the problems here is CK runs against a body of shared
administration experience
in the community. There isn't a shared understanding of how to use CK
effectively to get common hardware related admin crap done, so as a
result any explanation on how to do something semi-involved as an
administrator which boils down to "it uses CK to do it" just doesn't
connect.

-jef