Delays in package processing

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Thu Dec 20 05:05:32 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:

> A signing-server doesn't fix everything. It may help with the security
> implications of giving away the key password as was done for Extras. But
> hoping for much more frequent or automated pushes of non-critical updates
> would be insane.

Well, one of the things I was hoping to have come out of my initial
message was some transparency.  It's useful to know that, for example,
frequent pushes of updates is a problem for mirrors.

It would be most valuable to have something like the package update wiki
page updated with a list of "here's what to expect, and why, once you
submit an update request", because right now information like the above
isn't captured anywhere that I can find.  Not having any idea what to
expect is no fun.

	<b