Fedora 8 review

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Sat Dec 22 17:54:52 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 12:18 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 17:16 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 11:07:20AM -0600, King InuYasha wrote:
> > > I would have to agree with Chris and Bryan regarding Anaconda and the icon
> > > style. It seems that Anaconda has had more and more features tacked on it
> > > since its inception so long ago. Has Anaconda ever been rewritten or has
> > > anyone even considered rewriting Anaconda?
>
> http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000069.html

Let me first say that I have great respect for Joel Spolsky, but all the
software rewrites I/we have done ended up with better, much more
manageable software. Learned from the mistakes of the past and all that.
One was a huge project that ended up with lesser lines of software that
was much more easy to read. Another was ported to a slightly higher
level language. Most just had subtle improvements that made the whole
more elegant.

If you're not smarter at the time you plan to do a rewrite, don't.
--

Richi Plana