EPEL report week 51 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Dec 25 11:00:32 UTC 2007

= Weekly EPEL Summary =

Week 51/2007

== Most important happenings ==

 * [https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-December/msg00101.html EPEL4 builders now use RHEL 4.6]

 * alpine now in EPEL

== Mailing list ==

=== Noteworthy discussions ===

 * [https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-December/msg00130.html perl modules in EPEL]

== Meeting ==

=== Next Meeting ===

20080201 at 18:00 UTC in #fedora-meeting.

=== Last weeks meeting ===

Attendees:

 * [:MikeMcGrath:mmcgrath]
 * [:KevinFenzi:nirik]
 * [:MichaelStahnke:stahnma]

Topics:

 * RHEL MetaData | stahnma | http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/RhelMetaData

  * stahnma> I have been working on a something that spits out requires/provides/filelisting etc for each rpm . I am actually surprised repoview doesn't have something like that

  * stuff will be hosted on  fedorapeople

  * No ETA; stahnma> "I was hoping to have it done today, but that didn't happen ; maybe next coupel weeks.  Holidays screw up schedules "

 *  KojiAndBodhiForEpel

  * mmcgrath> the wheels are in motion to try to get funding for an intern but nothing concrete yet.

 * RHEL 5.1 (and 4.6) for the builders

  * thats done now, right?

  * how to do it next time still under discussion

  * nirik> | another issue related here: updates for builders?  would it be hard to get them to pull updates into the buildroot ?

   * mmcgrath> | If we decide thats what we want to do we'll also have to figure out a way to do it.  Right now going from RHEL5 -> 5.1 involved me downloading the DVD's, copying RPM's over and running createrepo.

   * more on the list

 * update http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies

  * nirik> | I updated the page... if everyone could look and correct/add/modify, feel free.

 * Free discussion

  * anything planned on EPEL at FUDcon?  Maybe a EPEL meeting at fudcon... perhaps a 'Fedora maintainers intro to EPEL' ?

  * stahnma> | also, it's great to see so many new packages in EPEL lately

  * nirik> | I am still working on getting munin in... need some more perl deps. Will probibly start on Xfce over the holidays too.

== Stats ==

=== General ===

Number of EPEL Contributors: 161

We welcome 6 new contributors: bellet bojan deji jbowes key pwouters

=== EPEL 5 ===

Number of source packages: 923

Number of binary packages:  1702

There are 31 new Packages:

 * acpitool | Command line ACPI client
 * alpine | UW Alpine mail user agent
 * asa | Convert Fortran carriage control characters
 * BibTool | A Tool for manipulating BibTeX data bases
 * bitmap | Bitmap editor and converter utilities for the X Window System
 * cppunit | C++ unit testing framework
 * docbook2X | Convert docbook into man and Texinfo
 * elektra | A key/value pair database to store software configurations
 * esmtp | User configurable relay-only Mail Transfer Agent (MTA)
 * gparted | Gnome Partition Editor
 * mISDN | Userspace part of Modular ISDN stack
 * monotone | A free, distributed version control system
 * nautilus-actions | Nautilus extension for customizing the context menu
 * netbsd-iscsi | User-space implementation of iSCSI target from NetBSD project
 * perl-HTTP-Server-Simple | Very simple standalone HTTP daemon
 * perl-IO-Tty | Perl interface to pseudo tty's
 * perl-IPC-Run | Perl module for interacting with child processes
 * perl-Locale-Maketext-Fuzzy | Maketext from already interpolated strings
 * perl-Log-Dispatch | Dispatches messages to one or more outputs
 * perl-Mail-Sender | Module for sending mails with attachments through an SMTP server
 * perl-Mail-Sendmail | Simple platform independent mailer for Perl
 * perl-Module-ScanDeps | Recursively scan Perl code for dependencies
 * perl-PAR-Dist | Toolkit for creating and manipulating Perl PAR distributions
 * perl-Text-Aspell | Perl interface to the GNU Aspell library
 * pyflakes | A Lint-like tool for Python
 * python-ctypes | Advanced Foreign Function Interface for Python
 * python-openid | Python OpenID libraries
 * python-pycurl | A Python interface to libcurl
 * trousers | Implementation of the TCG's Software Stack v1.2 Specification
 * viewvc | Browser interface for CVS and SVN version control repositories
 * xbae | Motif matrix, caption and text input widgets

=== EPEL 4 ===

Number of source packages: 534

Number of binary packages:  1035

There are 29 new Packages:

 * acpitool | Command line ACPI client
 * alpine | UW Alpine mail user agent
 * asa | Convert Fortran carriage control characters
 * BibTool | A Tool for manipulating BibTeX data bases
 * cernlib | General purpose CERN library
 * cppunit | C++ unit testing framework
 * docbook2X | Convert docbook into man and Texinfo
 * esmtp | User configurable relay-only Mail Transfer Agent (MTA)
 * ganglia | Ganglia Distributed Monitoring System
 * libesmtp | SMTP client library
 * pcapdiff | Compares packet captures, detects forged, dropped or mangled packets
 * perl-Archive-Tar | A module for Perl manipulation of .tar files
 * perl-Archive-Zip | Perl library for accessing Zip archives
 * perl-Compress-Zlib | Interface to zlib compression library
 * perl-IO-String | Emulate file interface for in-core strings
 * perl-IO-Tty | Perl interface to pseudo tty's
 * perl-IO-Zlib | IO:: style interface to Compress::Zlib
 * perl-IPC-Run | Perl module for interacting with child processes
 * perl-Locale-Maketext-Fuzzy | Maketext from already interpolated strings
 * perl-Mail-Sender | Module for sending mails with attachments through an SMTP server
 * perl-Mail-Sendmail | Simple platform independent mailer for Perl
 * perl-Module-Build | Perl module for building and installing Perl modules
 * perl-PAR-Dist | Toolkit for creating and manipulating Perl PAR distributions
 * pyflakes | A Lint-like tool for Python
 * python-genshi | Toolkit for stream-based generation of output for the web
 * python-openid | Python OpenID libraries
 * python-protocols | Open Protocols and Component Adaptation for Python
 * viewvc | Browser interface for CVS and SVN version control repositories
 * xbae | Motif matrix, caption and text input widgets

----
["CategoryEPELReports"]