What's your opinion on using alternatives for mesa-libGL(U)?

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 23:43:00 UTC 2007

Stewart Adam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering what you're opinions/arguments for or against using
> alternatives to symlink the libraries of mesa-libGL and mesa-libGLU.

I think changing anything in regard to libraries should only be done for 'good
reason' and with MAJOR PR to make sure people know.  The symlink plan has been
working fine for a long time, with massive amounts of help forums, faqs, etc,
out there for people.  The proprietary ati/nvidia drivers currently install that
way, and the packaged versions others have done (livna) are the same.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> <ajfarris at gmail.com>
   gpg 0xC99B1DF3 at pgp.mit.edu