firefox vs epiphany

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Mon Dec 3 04:38:32 UTC 2007

søn, 02 12 2007 kl. 23:24 -0500, skrev Mike A. Harris:

> The browser usage statistics freely available over the net more or less
> speak for themselves though IMHO.

So we should be using IE? It's the most used browser afterall, and this
argument only helps to keep Firefox on the basis that it's always been
in the lead of the open source browsers so it must be best.

I use Epiphany, it does what I need without looking out of place, it
integrates nicely and it launches much faster. It lacks a few things but
it also leverages a lot of nice features (seemless integration with
GNOME, adopts theme, icons. Has more consistent translations which don't
break with version upgrades) and it has a powerful plugin system so we
can expand it in interesting ways.

- David