firefox vs epiphany

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Tue Dec 4 03:57:51 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 01:54 -0500, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> Yup, I use AdBlock Plus to get rid of all the ad-noise online, and also
> as a side effect for web browser stability because a lot of the
> advertising out there is flash based and causes browser crashes whenever
> flash does something bad.

The AdBlocker Epiphany extension works similarly, but far more easily
(IMHO). When installed, it defaults to a blacklist based on Graham
Pierce's FilterSet.G listing. This means that after installation, with
absolutely *no configuration whatsoever* ads on the web are a thing of
the past. :)

> Hehe.  I always liked Galeon.  It's small and cute and pretty quick.  I
> use it once in a while for some things, but it could never be my primary
> browser per se.

Not sure about Galeon, actually. My understanding has been that the
Galeon folks are recently working to merge their efforts back into
Epiphany proper. Are they still wanting to keep it separate? Who
knows... :)
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479