About postfix dovecot and vmail

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 16:51:41 UTC 2007

Nevruz Mesut Sahin wrote:
> Dear friend yesterday I rent a server AMD 64 which is installed fedora
> core 6 on the machine and apache 2.2.6, bind 9.3.4   MySQL 5.0.27,
> Postfix  2.4.5  dovecot 1.0.3,  were installed on the machine. I
> configured apache bind and mysql successfully. But couldn't configured
> postfix and dovecot. I have  more than  20  domains  which I want to
> run on this server.  to list  services  which  are  working on the
> server   service --status-all  I have written in the terminal and  I got
> list below.  would you please  help me how can I configere mail server
> with virtual hosts. what is the best way for me.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PostIsOffTopic
This is not a user support list.  Please take your question to a more
appropriate place like http://fedoraforum.org.

Aside from this, I think in order to support virtual domains postfix and
dovecot need to be built against vpopmail.  vpopmail does not ship in
Fedora for one reason or another.  I tried it a few years ago, but gave
up and haven't heard anyone asking for it since.  I do recall that we
avoided some nasty security holes in some component (don't remember
which) in RHEL because we didn't build against vpopmail.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com