Wiki Migration

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 23:06:01 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote:
> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 02:22:13PM -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, I'm just throwing this out there for discussion.
>>>
>>> We would like to migrate from Moin to another wiki.
>>>

>> Why ?
>>
>> Not that I'm a fan of Moin, but it'd be useful to know what the
>> perceived problems with Fedora's current Wiki are, and what we expect
>> to gain from a new solution before going through the migration pain.
>>

> We've been down this path, its not been fruitful:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MikeMcGrath/MoinIssues

Just a note:
We have a patch for issue 1 (page saves).
Issue 3 (searches) might be fixed when moin eventually releases their
next version.
Issue 4 (categories) could be fixed with a patch similar to #1.

To me, the primary problem with Moin has been our inability to get
upstream interested in our problems and willing to accept patches from
us.  A secondary problem has been that upstream's release schedule just
keeps slipping.

MrBawb has recently taken up the task of trying to get our patch for #1
accepted upstream.  If he's successful then that's a good step towards
resolving our primary problem.

The second problem boils down to whether we're comfortable patching our
install with things we know are upstream but may not make it out until
they accumulate the will to put out a new release.

-Toshio