Renaming anjuta-gdl to libgdl

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Sat Dec 15 16:34:40 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 13:43 +0100, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:
> I propose to rename the anjuta-gdl package to lbgdl.
>
> The prefix anjuta- seems to imply that the package is dependent on the
> main anjuta (owned by me) package , which is not the case. In fact, it
> is the other way round. Even then, it is not anjuta specific and being
> the GNOME Devtools Library which can be used by other applications
> also.
>
> Currently the gnome-python2-gdl (owned by Matthew Barnes) package
> provides Python bindings to this library, and would be affected by
> this change. The gnome-build (previously held by Paul F. Johnson)
> package also depends on anjuta-gdl.
>
> $ repoquery --repoid development --alldeps --whatrequires anjuta-gdl
> gnome-build-0:0.1.4-2.fc7.x86_64
> anjuta-gdl-devel-0:0.7.3-2.fc9.x86_64
> anjuta-gdl-0:0.7.3-2.fc9.i386
> gnome-build-0:0.1.4-2.fc7.i386
> anjuta-1:2.2.0-4.fc9.i386
> anjuta-1:2.2.0-4.fc9.x86_64
> gnome-python2-gdl-0:2.19.1-12.fc9.x86_64
> anjuta-gdl-devel-0:0.7.3-2.fc9.i386
> anjuta-gdl-0:0.7.3-2.fc9.x86_64
>
> The %changelog tells us that the name anjuta-gdl was chosen instead of
> gdl since there already exists a package called gdl. Debian and Ubuntu
> call it libgdl.
>
> Comments?
>
> Cheers,
> Debarshi

+1 for this. I always wondered why it is named anjuta-gdl while libgdl
seems better name for it, and as a matter of fact I had around
'libgdl' (I was well aware of the name clash with gdl) package of mine
when the review request was on progress. But at that time I wasn't
fedora contributor, so I didn't comment on the name...

Martin