texlive + tex4ht

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Dec 16 17:53:13 UTC 2007

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 08:12:05PM +0000, Jonathan Underwood wrote:

> This is a case where the Fedora "stick to upstream" doesn't resolve
> the dilemna - on the one hand texlive is an upstream, on the other,
> texlive4ht is an upstream. I do notice that upstream tex4ht has
> updates beyond the version included in texlive. That's true of many
> packages though, and it would be mad to start splitting everything
> out.

I disagree. It is mad to have something monolithic when there are
different upstreams. The aim of texlive is to build a TeX distribution,
the aim of fedora is to build a distribution too. So the texlive choices
are not necessarily right for fedora.

In the tex4ht case, the tetex-tex4ht package (I maintain) is much newer
than texlive (at least in rawhide).

--
Pat