Disable a USB device?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Dec 18 01:26:00 UTC 2007

While poking at powertop and reading online, I saw a good bit of wakeups
from USB.  I read a recommendation to remove all USB devices to lower
wakeups, but I have a Thinkpad with a fingerprint reader built-in.  Is
there a way to disable an unused USB device so that it acts like it has
been unplugged?

Otherwise, USB wakes up 4 times per second for no particular reason (no
other USB devices are attached).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>