Moonshine -> Werewolf -> <blank>? Werewolf is a <blank>, <NewName> is a <blank>

Eric Mesa ericsbinaryworld at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 16:27:47 UTC 2007

"No, seriously, I'm totally going with Dragicorn.   They are better than
Hippie Hamsters or Indifferent Iguanas any way
you look at it.   Even better it makes the next naming choice very hard :)"

Hilarious jab at our friends over at canonical

On Dec 18, 2007 11:20 AM, Michael DeHaan <mdehaan at redhat.com> wrote:

> Jon Ciesla wrote:
> >> That's right... it's time to start naming the Fedora 9 release.
> >>

> > Unicorn.  Link = fictional creatures.
>
> I bring bad suggestions for everyone:
>
> * Dragicorn.  Link = fictional creatures.
> * Moonshine.   Link = werewolf was a Fedora release codename, Moonshine
> was also a Fedora release codename.
> * Apache.  Link = werewolf is a apparently a codename for a Russian
> Helicopter.   An Apache is also a helicopter.
> * Fred.  Werewolves are killed by silver bullets.  Fred Brooks said
> there is no Silver Bullet.
> * Dentist.   Werewolves scare kids.  Dentists scare kids.  (substitute
> something else that scares kids).
>
> No, seriously, I'm totally going with Dragicorn.   They are better than
> Hippie Hamsters or Indifferent Iguanas any way
> you look at it.   Even better it makes the next naming choice very hard :)
>
> --Michael
>

> --

Eric Mesa
http://www.ericsbinaryworld.com
http://server.ericsbinaryworld.com
"Do not worry about those things that are outside of your circle of
influence.  For since they are outside of your power to control them it is
simply a waste of time and energy to dwell on them.  Instead, turn your
attention to those things that you can control and grow your influence in
those areas and you will see the effects begin to trickle out to those items
that were previously out of your power to influence." – Eric Mesa inspired
by Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People